Friday 11 November 2011

An exciting few days in London

Last week I had the pleasure of travelling to London on Plymouth Dance business -

On Tuesday all of the Fellows (Choreographers/Dancers/Producers) supported by the BBC Performing Arts Fund were invited to an introduction day with their host organisation at BBC Broadcasting House.

It was fantastic to hear about the other organisations who will benefit from the fund and how each fellow's time will be spent with their organisation. Before we knew it it was time for lunch and a chance to chat to the other organisations representatives and their fellows. From dancing boys to dancing pensioners, professional development classes to international touring; the projects that the organisations have in the pipeline are exciting and innovative and I can't wait to hear how they will develop.
It was clear that the fellows will be benefiting from high calibre support from some of the best dance organisations across the country and to be a part of that is very exciting indeed.


48 hours later I was taking part in my first training course as a Producer Fellow. As part of my fellowship I have become a member of IDMN (Independent Dance Management Network) which runs regular training courses for dance managers. The course, 'How to Create and Write a Business Plan', did exactly what it said and provided a clear and concise artist led approach to writing a business plan. The course left me inspired to begin my first projects business plan - I now can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment