Thursday 17 November 2011

A taste of some of our projects - and a chance to learn a step or two!

My two left feet are already getting better coordination thanks to my role within Plymouth Dance.

As part of my role within the organisation I have taken on our Lunchtime Salsa project which is a partnership between the NHS Plymouth and Plymouth Dance. Aside from the administrative and project management responsibility's that come with this particular project, I also have the enviable task of registering participants for the regular sessions which means infectious music, quick footwork and a fantastic group of participants are now part of my regular Wednesday lunchtime too!

The salsa classes are fantastic for all levels of experience and are a great excuse to get out of the office and keep healthy whilst dusting off your dancing shoes!

Another exciting project that I am involved within is the Professional Development strand of Plymouth Dance's work. In particular this means supporting the delivery of master-classes by practitioners of national and international standard. With master-classes led by Rosemary Lee and Rambert all due before Christmas - and with further professional development opportunities in the pipe line for 2012 - Plymouth is becoming recognised as a fantastic place to be for dancers, teachers and choreographers alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment